São Mamede

São Mamede

Share button Share


After the 1755 earthquake, the parish was relocated from the west hillside of the castle to this site. The parish church was built between 1782 and 1861, having suffered a fire in 1921, which required total renovation. The chancel has a stonework altarpiece framing a painting of the Patron saint, the walls have tile panels and the ceiling of the nave has a painting of an Eucharistic allegory. The church has a statue of Our Lady of the Conception from the first half of the 18th Century, which is attributed to José de Almeida.

Follow us

Follow us in the social networks