This church is dedicated to Saint Bartholomew and was built in 1534 by order of the first Earl of Castanheira. Its exterior complies with the Renaissance and Mannerist styles, namely the main portal, featuring the coat of arms of the Ataíde family, who established the church. In the interior, the nave is covered by 16th and 17th century tile panels and has several tombstones on the floor. The original chancel did not survive the 1755 earthquake, the present one being of Baroque construction. There one can see the 18th century gilt wood retable and a large sized tabernacle of great artistic value.