Santo Eugénio

Santo Eugénio

Share button Share


Dedicated in 1951, in the same day of the dedication of a Roman church under the same invocation, the Church of Saint Eugene has this name in reference to the baptism name of Pope Pio XII (Eugenio Pacelli). The church, with simple lines, has a main façade with gable and keeps several elements referring to the papal relation: above the porch, the pontifical and the Portuguese coats of arms; in the fascia wall of the chancel, a wall painting by Lino António, with several scenes relating to Pope Pio XII, such as the Episcopal Ordination on 13 May 1917 and the apparition of Our Lady of Fatima to the three little shepherds. The bronze image of the patron has been offered by this Pope.

Follow us

Follow us in the social networks