Share button Share


Initially founded in the 12th Century, the church was greatly affected by the 1755 earthquake, having been renovated from 1773 onwards. Inside, the highlight is the chapel of Our Lady of the Rosary, “the Frank”, with elements dating from before the earthquake: the magnificent Mannerist portico giving access to the church, the gilded wood carved altarpiece from the King João V period and figurative tile panels. In the chancel, the Crucified Christ and the image of Saint James, the Patron, both from the 18th Century, are also noteworthy.

Follow us

Follow us in the social networks