Santa Engrácia

Santa Engrácia

Share button Share


Originally called the Church of Our Lady of the Conception of the Portiuncula, within the Convent of the Italian Barbadinhos, it was inaugurated in 1742 and became the parish church of Saint Engratia in 1836. With a Baroque style, its interior highlights include the porch, to the stone sculpture of the Patroness and the stone royal coat of arms. Inside, it is worth seeing the reliquary bust of Saint Engratia, the redwood carved altarpieces and the tabernacle, the 18th Century terracotta nativity and the statue of Saint Lawrence of Brindisi, a Doctor of the Church who died in this convent in 1619.

Follow us

Follow us in the social networks