The church of Nossa Senhora do Ó (Our Lady of Expectation) is the main church of Porto da Carvoeira since 1570. The temple underwent several damages during the 1980s, but was repaired, although it lacks most of its original sculptures. One can still see the 18th century carved and painted wood retable in the main altar, as well as the two side altars in the nave. Two important pieces are the 16th century baptismal font, at the entrance, and a lavabo in the sacristy, dated from 1627. The church has a simple façade, preceded by a galilee, where there is a sun clock dated from 1764.