Nossa Senhora da Conceição

Nossa Senhora da Conceição

Share button Share


The construction works of the Chapel of the Ancient Monastery of Trinitaires, under the original invocation of Our Lady of Remedies, started in 1633 and were only completed in 1721. In 1885, the Asylum of Our Lady of the Conception was set in this place, and the church got the current invocation from the name of the Asylum. We enter the chapel through the detached central body of the stonework building, built during the renovation works of the end of the 19th Century; in the interior, between the simplicity of the walls with no ornaments, stands out the Mannerist altarpiece of the chancel, in marble with painting on wood alluding to the Passion of Christ, which came from the Monastery of Batalha.

Follow us

Follow us in the social networks