Nossa Senhora da Boa Viagem e de Sto. António (Ericeira)

Nossa Senhora da Boa Viagem e de Sto. António (Ericeira)

Share button Share


The present building dates from the 17th century, but some records point to a temple existing here as early as the 14th or 15th century. It was the town council’s chapel and was seat to several confraternities, namely the confraternities of Saint Anthony and of Our Lady of Good Voyage, who eventually became patrons of the church. In the interior polychrome tiles, which cover the walls since 1645, and some statues of the 18th century: Saint Anthony and Saint Vincent in the high altar; Saint Peter and Saint Catherine on pedestals in the nave. The original 18th century statue of the patron, which was bigger than the present one, was vandalized and thrown to the sea in 1912.

Follow us

Follow us in the social networks