Nossa Senhora da Ajuda

Nossa Senhora da Ajuda

Share button Share


The church of the ancient Convent of Our Lady of Boa-Hora, of the Barefoot Augustinian Recollects, was founded in 1758. In 1834, the church became the parish seat of Our Lady of Ajuda, an invocation dating back to the 16th Century. Inside the church, the ceiling shows grisaille trempe l’oel painting simulating stonemasonry; the walls show beautiful tile ashlars portraying historical episodes from the life of Saint Augustine and paintings by Bento Coelho da Silveira and Botovi.

Follow us

Follow us in the social networks