The Convent of Our Lady of Rosary was founded in 1659 by the Irish Dominicans, who fled to Lisbon to escape from the violent persecutions against Catholics in their country. They founded here a convent and seminar intended to the education of young Irish men to preach in their country of origin. The denomination of the Blessed Body of Christ dates back to the worship dedicated to Saint Pedro Gonçalves Telmo, a Dominican saint who is the patron of navigators. Destroyed by the earthquake and reopened in 1770, the church features an octagonal architectural plan covered by a dome, a construction solution not very common in the national architecture. In the pediment of the main façade, stands out the coat of arms of the Order to which the church belonged. It has interesting 18th Century sculptures.